Synopsis: This course explores evaluation and treatment techniques for the vascular system of the body.
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the vascular system, particularly how arteries dilate or diminish in diameter depending on the function of the body.
- Understand how compression along vascular structures creates restriction patterns and pain throughout the body.
- Learn to locate and release restrictions along the vascular structures using direct techniques on the arteries like compression, decompression and elongation, as well as indirect techniques using the limbs.
- Explore manipulation of the soft tissues of the heart itself, aorta, subclavian artery, along with all the arteries connected with the visceral system.
- Enhance your understanding of how increased blood circulation to an organ improves function of the viscera, and learn how to improve the blood circulation to organs, directly and/or indirectly.
- Learn treatment of the vaso-pressive system and the brain.
- Discover the research done with doppler ultrasound to determine the best mobilizations of the arteries to improve local and general blood circulation.
- Learn practical integration of vascular treatment into the therapeutic session.
Course Length: 3 Days, 18 Hours course time
Prerequisites: VM1 (Abdomen 1), VM2 (Abdomen 2) and VM4 (Thorax).
Required Advance Reading: Manual Therapy for Peripheral Nerves by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO; and Alain Croibier, D.O.
Upcoming VVMU courses
Other Barral Institute Courses
Please scroll down and click on class name to move to its description and prerequisites.
Visceral Manipulation Courses
Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 (VM1)
Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 2 (VM2)
Visceral Manipulation: The Pelvis (VM3)
Visceral Manipulation: The Thorax (VM4)
Manual Thermal Evaluation and Introduction to VisceroEmotional (VM5)
VisceroEmotional Relationships (VM6)
Neural Manipulation Courses
Neural Manipulation: Neuromeningeal Manipulation (NM1)
Neural Manipulation: Peripheral Nerve Manipulation; Upper Body (NM2)
Neural Manipulation: Peripheral Nerve Manipulation; Lower Body (NM3)
Neural Manipulation: Brain and Cranial Nerve Manipulation (NM4)
New Manual Articular Approach Courses
Visceral Vascular Courses
Listering Techniques Courses
Neuro-Visceral Manipulation of the Thorax and Abdomen (NVMTA)
Advanced Visceral Components of the Abdomen and Pelvis
Advanced Visceral Components of the Neck and Thorax (VMAT)
Visceral, Neural and Articular Advanced Clinical Synthesis (VNAC)
Visceral Manipulation Dissection (VMD)
Visceral Integration Workshop (VIW)
Strategic Crossroads of the Body 1 (SCB1)
Clinical Symposium with Jean Pierre Barral (SYMJP)
Other Related Courses
Not all classes are currently offered by BI Denmark, although we hope to offer them all in the future. If you have a particular request for a course, please do contact us.