Synopsis: This is a specialized course focusing on the impact of whiplash.
- Study the three primary areas of trauma as they relate to whiplash: physical laws, evaluation and treatment.
- Learn the appropriate anatomy and physiology for treatment of whiplash and trauma conditions.
- Learn to locate and release restrictions along the meningeal system.
- Assess injuries to the soft tissues of the cervical region and learn treatment protocols for optimal release.
- Learn tests to determine restriction patterns of the cervicobrachial region.
- Understand how whiplash creates restriction patterns throughout the body.
- Identify techniques that encompass the whole body, as the whole body receives collision forces in a whiplash injury, not just the cervical spine.
- Learn to evaluate restrictions in the lumbosacral region.
- Discover new applications of visceral manipulation principles and techniques as they can be utilized for patients presenting whiplash and other conditions involving trauma.
- Compare treatment sequence and tests for whiplash and traumatic injuries.
Course Length: 3 Days, 18 Hours course time
Prerequisite: Experience with manual listening skills.
Required Advance Reading: Trauma: An Osteopathic Approach by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO.
Other Barral Institute Courses
Please scroll down and click on class name to move to its description and prerequisites.
Visceral Manipulation Courses
Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 (VM1)
Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 2 (VM2)
Visceral Manipulation: The Pelvis (VM3)
Visceral Manipulation: The Thorax (VM4)
Manual Thermal Evaluation and Introduction to VisceroEmotional (VM5)
VisceroEmotional Relationships (VM6)
Neural Manipulation Courses
Neural Manipulation: Neuromeningeal Manipulation (NM1)
Neural Manipulation: Peripheral Nerve Manipulation; Upper Body (NM2)
Neural Manipulation: Peripheral Nerve Manipulation; Lower Body (NM3)
Neural Manipulation: Brain and Cranial Nerve Manipulation (NM4)
Neural Manipulation: Central and Peripheral Connections (NM5)
New Manual Articular Approach Courses
Visceral Vascular Courses
Listering Techniques Courses
Neuro-Visceral Manipulation of the Thorax and Abdomen (NVMTA)
Advanced Visceral Components of the Abdomen and Pelvis
Advanced Visceral Components of the Neck and Thorax (VMAT)
Visceral, Neural and Articular Advanced Clinical Synthesis (VNAC)
Visceral Manipulation Dissection (VMD)
Visceral Integration Workshop (VIW)
Strategic Crossroads of the Body 1 (SCB1)
Clinical Symposium with Jean Pierre Barral (SYMJP)
Other Related Courses
Not all classes are currently offered by BI Denmark, although we hope to offer them all in the future. If you have a particular request for a course, please do contact us.