Synopsis: After taking Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 and 2, you’ve become acquainted with the feel of the different abdominal organs and local restrictions. In the Thorax workshop, you’ll take an expanded look at the functional biomechanics of the thoracic cavity. You’ll also explore the relationship between the hard frame and soft frame with its countless articulations for respiration, circulatory requirements and upper body movement patterns.
- Explore visceral fascia of the throat and thoracic cavity.
- Review the anatomy, biomechanics and function of the thoracic organs.
- Study the biomechanics of the cervical, thoracic, rib cage and shoulder girdle complex.
- Learn techniques to release the soft tissue components of the thoracic inlet and hyoid apparatus.
- Practice listening techniques within the thoracic activity.
- Understand practical integration of the thoracic cavity organs.
- Learn integration of the thoracic organs with the complex ligament systems of that body region.
- Discover techniques for differentiating between somatic and visceral causes for thoracic and spinal problems.
- Special Focus on Pleura, Lungs, Pericardium, Heart, Mediastinum, Thyroid, Trachea, Oesophagus, Sternum, Rib Cage and Thoracic Plexuses.
Course Length: 4 Days, 24 Hours course time
Prerequisite: VM2 (Abdomen 2) or VMIB (Visceral Manipulation IB).
Required Advance Reading: The Thorax, by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO.
Upcoming VM4 courses
Other Barral Institute Courses
Please scroll down and click on class name to move to its description and prerequisites.
Visceral Manipulation Courses
Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 (VM1)
Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 2 (VM2)
Visceral Manipulation: The Pelvis (VM3)
Visceral Manipulation: The Thorax (VM4)
Manual Thermal Evaluation and Introduction to VisceroEmotional (VM5)
VisceroEmotional Relationships (VM6)
Neural Manipulation Courses
Neural Manipulation: Neuromeningeal Manipulation (NM1)
Neural Manipulation: Peripheral Nerve Manipulation; Upper Body (NM2)
Neural Manipulation: Peripheral Nerve Manipulation; Lower Body (NM3)
Neural Manipulation: Brain and Cranial Nerve Manipulation (NM4)
New Manual Articular Approach Courses
Visceral Vascular Courses
Listering Techniques Courses
Neuro-Visceral Manipulation of the Thorax and Abdomen (NVMTA)
Advanced Visceral Components of the Abdomen and Pelvis
Advanced Visceral Components of the Neck and Thorax (VMAT)
Visceral, Neural and Articular Advanced Clinical Synthesis (VNAC)
Visceral Manipulation Dissection (VMD)
Visceral Integration Workshop (VIW)
Strategic Crossroads of the Body 1 (SCB1)
Clinical Symposium with Jean Pierre Barral (SYMJP)
Other Related Courses
Not all classes are currently offered by BI Denmark, although we hope to offer them all in the future. If you have a particular request for a course, please do contact us.