4-day course with Kåre Nielsen
Thursday 3. October till Sunday 6. October 2024
9am - 5pm (3pm on the last day)
After taking Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 and 2, you've become acquainted with the feel of the different abdominal organs and local restrictions. In the Thorax workshop, you'll take an expanded look at the functional biomechanics of the thoracic cavity. You'll also explore the relationship between the hard frame and soft frame with its countless articulations for respiration, circulatory requirements and upper body movement patterns.
- Explore visceral fascia of the throat and thoracic cavity.
- Review the anatomy, biomechanics and function of the thoracic organs.
- Study the biomechanics of the cervical, thoracic, rib cage and shoulder girdle complex.
- Learn techniques to release the soft tissue components of the thoracic inlet and hyoid apparatus.
- Practice listening techniques within the thoracic activity.
- Understand practical integration of the thoracic cavity organs.
- Learn integration of the thoracic organs with the complex ligament systems of that body region.
- Discover techniques for differentiating between somatic and visceral causes for thoracic and spinal problems.
- Special Focus on Pleura, Lungs, Pericardium, Heart, Mediastinum, Thyroid, Trachea, Oesophagus, Sternum, Rib Cage and Thoracic Plexuses.
The course is taught in English.
VM2 (Abdomen 2) or VMIB (Visceral Manipulation IB).
Required Advance Reading:
The Thorax, by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO.
Kåre Nielsen, Osteopath, DO, M.R.O.DK
6,600.- DKK, inclusive coffee/tea.
3,600.- DKK, inclusive coffee/tea.
If you signed up for our Core-Pack offer for the Core-Pack courses ni 2023 and 2024, then you are getting your discount of 2,000.- DKK now.
Choose "Core-Pack rate", when you are paying your course fee no later than 2 months before the the course, i.e. 3rd August 2024 at the latest.
4,600.- DKK, inclusive coffee/tea.
If you have already attended this course with Barral Institute og would like to repeat it, then you are able to participate at this special rate. The course must be paid in full, when you book your place, so choose the option "Repeater Rate", when you book and send an email and let us know, when and where you attended the course.
Deposit 1000,- DKK to reserve your place. Full payment is due 2 months before the course, i.e. 3rd August 2024 at the latest.
Please read our terms and conditions here.
Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org