3-day course with Pierre Vey
Friday 20th March till Sunday 22nd March 2020
9am - 5pm (3pm on the last day)
The most fundamental, yet most complex, question that a practitioner faces when working with a patient is, "How do I determine what are the reasons for this person’s pain and dysfunction?"
Listening Techniques 1 (LT1) assists the practitioner in answering that question. Expanding on the evaluation tools taught in Barral Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1, as well as in Barral Neural Manipulation 1, LT1 is designed to reinforce powerful evaluation techniques known as "listening" skills.
Listening Techniques’ are palpation tools developed by Jean-Pierre Barral, DO, which enable the practitioner to fine-tune assessment skills. The evaluation phase of a patient’s treatment session is key to long-lasting results. Through precise evaluation techniques, the practitioner is able to determine, and focus on, the primary causes of a patient’s dysfunctional pattern. No matter what type of modalities a practitioner uses, this workshop enhances his/her evaluation tools and skills, which in turn will lead to greater patient outcomes.
- Discover a new listening skills (palpation procedure) that helps guide you to the proper manipulation site.
- Learn to interpret the information the body is offering regarding imbalances and dysfunctions.
- Explore through listening how to determine which body structures are involved, and identify the best approach for treatment results.
- Practice listening to the body systems, as they respond to your treatments.
- Learn to identify the correct approach and amount of force when working on different parts of the body and with different clients.
The course is taught in English.
Experience with sensitive, light-touch palpation
Recommended Advance Reading:
Visceral Manipulation by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO; Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter, MD, or A Regional Atlas of the Human Body by Carmine Clemente.
Pierre Vey, DO, PT, BI-D
5,000.- DKK, inclusive coffee/tea.
3,333.- DKK, inclusive coffee/tea.
If you have already attended this course with Barral Institute og would like to repeat it, then you are able to participate at this special rate. The course must be paid in full, when you book your place, so choose the option "Repeater Rate", when you book and send an email and let us know, when and where you attended the course.
Enrolment and payment here on this site.
Deposit 1000,- DKK to reserve your place. Full payment is due 2 months before the course, i.e. 20th January 2020 at the latest.
Please read our terms and conditions here.
Please email your questions to Charlotte at firstname.lastname@example.org