Jean-Pierre Barral graduated from the European School of Osteopathy (UK) and the Faculty of Medecin of Paris Nord (Department of Osteopathy and Manual Medicine).
He developed the modality of Visceral Manipulation based on his innovative theory that each internal organ rotates on a physiological axis. In collaboration with Alain Croibier, D.O. Jean-Pierre Barral has also developed the modalities of Neural Manipulation and New Manual Articular Approach based on their on-going clinical research.
For forty years, he has had his practice in Grenoble, France as he has always given preference to working with his patients – he likes to repeat: “It’s in treating patients and learning endless anatomy that you become a real professional”. Previously he taught just one seminar per month, but recently he sold his practice in order spent more time teaching and writing books.
Jean-Pierre Barral is also a registred physical therapist.
Here is a list of books authored or co-authored by Jean-Pierre Barral:
- The Diagnosis of Vertebral Joints, with Jean-Paul Mathieu et Pierre Mercier, Deverlaque
- Visceral Manipulation, with Pierre Mercier, Elsevier
- Visceral Manipulation II
- The Thorax
- Urogenital Manipulation, Deverlaque
- Manual Thermal Diagnosis
- An Osteopathic Approach to Trauma: Focus on Whiplash, with Croibier
- Manual Therapy for the Peripheral Nerves, with Croibier, Elsevier
- Manual Therapy for the Cranial Nerves, with Croibier, Elsevier
- Understanding the Messages of Your Body, Albin Michel
- Understanding the Messages of Your Joints
- Visceral Vascular Manipulation, with Croibier, Elsevier
- New Manual Articular Approach: Upper Body, with Croibier, Elsevier
- New Manual Articular Approach: Lower Body, with Croibier, Elsevier (2012)
- New Manual Articular Approach: Spine and Cranium, with Croibier (2013)
Jean-Pierre Barral – DO, MRO(F), PT